April 30, 2009

The weekend comes early

The week ends early for Carson and me as we leave tomorrow morning for Orlando. It's a nice early end to the week with it being finals week for Carson. However, it's a short break for Carson becuase we're traveling to Orlando with Carson's graphic class for a conference at Disney. It will be a vacation for me though and I am excited about getting to spend a lot of time with my family.

Carson came to visit me and Jackson on his lunch break today. He is so cute holding such a little baby. Jackson was kind enough to spit up on him and I wish I had a picture of Carson's face. He was very cautious after that. We took a nice walk though and it was a nice addition to my day! My mom used to always sing "Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music and so I have been singing that to Jackson. It has soon become his favorite! He was fussing today and Carson was trying to calm him down and I told Carson to sing to him. He started singing ABC's but was unsuccessful (at calming him down, not singing :-) so I told him to sing Favorite Things. Jackson quickly stopped fussing and looked intently at Carson. I'm so happy to pass along a favorite. I don't know what I'll do without this little one for over a week! He is going get so big!

Some of my school friends came over for a visit tonight before they head home for the summer. One thing led to another and we ended up cooking crepes. (They had read my previous post about the banana crepes) Sallie Anna was very excited to learn how to make them so while she took over, I snapped a picture. Look at those sweet cooking skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background