April 10, 2009

An update on our lives

Sorry for the dry spell of post, but here's an update on what we've been up to.

First off we went back to Orlando for Spring Break and got to spend some wonderful time with our families and friends. We were having so much fun we forgot to take pictures of most of it. This is my family at DeLeon Springs where we went for breakfast. This is also the place where we took our engagement photos. My dad has all the pictures of me and Carson together so this is all we have.



We also traveled to Charleston so that Carson could run a 10k race there. Carson did an awesome job and beat his personal record. I don't like running or crowds (there were 40,000 people that participated) so I opted out and spent some time with the friends that we were staying with. Once the race started he got lost in the mass of people but I was able to snap a picture before he took off. We also had a wonderful weekend doing some sightseeing around Charleston. It was my first trip there.

This is a before and after shot on race day



Not that you can tell, but this at a park right on the shore in downtown Charleston

This is the Cooper River Bridge that Carson ran his 10k run over.

This is the Angel Oak. It was a pretty magnificent tree!

Our friends had a great view of the birds in their back yard so Jan and I spent time visiting and watching the birds while Carson photographed them. (This is for you mom)

I'm finally out of the house during the week. I am a nanny for a precious little 2 month old baby. We have lots of fun playing together every day. It's nice having somewhere to be and a schedule to keep. I find that I get more things done at home as well now that I'm on more of a schedule. It used to be that I had an unlimited amount of time to get things done. I work better when I have a set amount of time to get things done. It also makes me appreciate the time I get to spend with Carson in the mornings and evenings.

This year we had a unique and special Easter lunch. We went over to some friend's house, the Wylie's, and had a potluck dinner with some other couples from their church. None of us were set on a traditional Easter lunch so we opted for a Mexican dinner. It was delicious (Mexican is one of my favorites) and it was great company. The guys started up a competition on the Wii while the girls chatted.
Our first Easter picture as a married couple


The whole group: The couple that we are standing next two are the Wylies that hosted the party and have been our friends for a while. The other two couples are our new friends!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting on your blog! Finally! I love the pictures. Great one of the bird at the feeder. And your Easter picture is really good!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background