May 11, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

So there was a little change of plans since I last posted. Carson and I were supposed to both travel back last Wednesday with his group but my family decided to fly me back later so I could spend some more time at home and be with mom on Mother's Day (I didn't have to be back to work until Tuesday). It was so wonderful to have that unexpected time at home. It was mine and Carson's first time being apart since we've been married and we quickly realized how much we missed each other!! So my day started early this morning at 4:30 am so I could fly home to be with my husband again. I had a wonderful week at home with my family and enjoyed the time that I got to spend with them. It was especially nice to spend Mother's Day with my mom.

It is so comfortable to be home. After a lot of time apart, Carson and I are happy to be back together with no more separation in sight for the foreseeable future. I'm learning that life picks back up as soon as you walk through the door. Carson and I were able to spend a nice afternoon together but then it was off to the store for me and off to the first day of summer school for Carson. I'll post pictures from out trip home (mostly of Carson's competition) in the next few days. Right now my house is screaming to be cleaned. That's what happens after you travel and your husband has been home a few days before you! In all fairness, I told him to leave the mess and work on stuff that he needed to get done. I'm weird and actually enjoy cleaning so I'm looking forward to getting my house back in order. I'm also excited about getting to see little Jackson tomorrow. I can't imagine how much he's grow in just the 1.5 weeks we were apart. As hard as it will be to get up in the morning, at least I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background