April 18, 2009

Big Weekend Plans

Just kidding. My weekend consists of laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning. Sounds exciting huh? As much as I used to hate staying home every day, I enjoy it now when I'm away from the house all week. It makes me appreciate the time that I have to care for my home and spend time with my hubby. Carson is off doing a photography gig today while I am off to do some shopping, but we'll have tomorrow to spend together.

I worked a 13 hour day yesterday taking care of Jackson while his mom took a group to Charleston for a college tour. He was in a very good mood all day long which was great for such a long day. I came home ready to crash until I saw that one of our nearby grocery stores was tripling coupons. I found a second burst of energy when I saw how much I could save. Poor hubby came home after a long day as well to find me surrounded by coupons and asking him accompany me to the store. Some of the products we were looking for were already sold out but we were able to save 70% on what we bought. It was amazing to watching the savings surpass the total when they started ringing up coupons! We got all you see below for $10.44. It's not a big bunch of stuff, but it's all high value brand name stuff. The olive oil and Breyers Ice Cream alone would have cost me $10 even at Walmart. I normally don't shop at Bloom because it's pretty expensive, but it was well worth this trip.


I've got all my coupons ready to go for today's trip. It probably won't turn out as well as last night but every little bit helps!

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I love the pics of your home. It helps me to picture you both there, but makes me miss you both more! Love you, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I'm so thrilled to see pics of your home! It helps me picture ya'll there, but makes me miss you both more.

    Love you,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background