September 24, 2009

Baking Day

I spent the majority of my Monday in the kitchen baking. I had read about baking days on other blogs and as I began collecting recipes I forgot to stop. I ended up making 9 different items! Next time I won't take on as much but it was a really fun project. Our freezer is now very well stocked and I have some great new recipes to add to my collection. One of my favorites is this Honey Granola Crunch. Carson was working from home so he was able to help me by keeping up with the dishes.
Spiced Pumpkin Waffles
Whole Wheat French Bread Rolls
Homemade Hamburger & Hot dog Buns (The hamburger buns are missing because we had them for dinner that night)
Honey Granola Crunch
Homemade Wheat Bread
Super Power Muffins
Blueberry Bran Muffins
Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles (I just balled up the dough to freeze and have fresh baked cookies whenever we want)

When all this was done I figured I wasn't tired quiet yet so I made homemade hot pockets. Carson and I have very different taste when it comes to filling for these to I made two different varieties: ham, egg, cheese and broccoli for me and bacon, egg and green peppers for Carson. I modified the recipe and did half and half with regular and wheat flour which I think made them better than last time I made them. It's perfect for a quick breakfast or lunch. I just pop them in the microwave for 2 minute like a store bought hot pocket!

And now that I've told you all about it.. I'm ready to go enjoy some of the yummy treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background