September 27, 2009

Another Great Deal

Even though we go to evening church we are normally still up on Sunday mornings to get some great deals at the drug stores. Today we went to Rite-Aid. It's one of my favorites- probably because it doesn't open until 10am!

I took Carson with me today for help. While he admits that he would never have the patience to put all of the deals together and collect the coupons, he enjoys shopping for them. It's like a game for him. There were actually people waiting at the door before they opened today. With some of the really good money maker deals they don't stock them very well so you have to be quick and decide what is most important. So it's something that Carson and I have fun doing together.

Anyway, on to the deal I got today. This is a combination of two purchases to maximize our coupons. It doesn't look like a lot but you know how drug store prices go.


Total before coupons: $61.18
Total after coupons: $31.14 (Whoever says coupons don't add up should notice that I just used $30 in coupons to save me almost 50%)
Total after rebates: $4.77 (the tax was $4 on this purchase... so we pretty much just paid tax for these items

But the deal gets better: If I spend over $50 before coupons (check) then they will send me a $10 Rite Aid gift certificate! Meaning that I really made $5.23 today. Now that's worth getting out of bed for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background