August 21, 2009

An exciting season

Besides Christmas, Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I know it's not technically fall yet but I still think by college semesters and fall semester just started. It is so exciting. This summer was very quiet in this college town and it is nice to have school back in session. I was on campus for Freshman move in day and I was actually sad that I wasn't a Resident Assistant. It's a crazy time but really fun to be apart of the atmosphere! Since most of my friends in the area are students they all left for the summer and it's wonderful to have them back!

Although I didn't get to be part of the school excitement this year, I made another big change this week and started a new job. Working retail is one of the hardest things that I have ever done and I have come home exhausted every single night. I've still managed to function a little in the evenings, but my wonderful husband has been kind enough to take charge of things this past week during my transition time. I have never been so excited for it to be the weekend! I could sure use a break to let my body recuperate. We have a count down going at work until the first football game and I have heard mixed stories about how fun it can be but also what a horrible day it is. I'm trying to absorb as much information as possible before this big day comes.

I did muster up enough energy to go shopping today before AND after church. I was at Rite Aid when they opened their doors this morning, and then went to Publix later. I combined the two transactions for the following picture and totals. The couple behind me at Publix was amazed at my savings and we had a nice conversation about it. It was a relief because I have had some people make rude comments when they get "stuck" behind a couponer. I think they are just jealous that they are paying full price for their groceries :-) I had a comment that we must eat Ramen on our tiny grocery budget, but in actuality, we eat pretty good!!


Total before coupons and sales: $109.28
Total after coupons and sales: $24.56
That's a savings of 78%!!

2 comments:

Blog Background