August 10, 2009

More Savings and New Additions

I hope you all aren't tired of me sharing my great finds with you! I just never get tired of saving money! I am thankful to have the time and resources to find these great deals. I am also thankful for a patient husband who lets me take the time to put my list together and shop (and sometimes happily tags along). But when he see's the figures he is thankful for what I do. Since the beginning of July I have begun to track my savings. The savings are a combination of shopping store sales, using coupons, and applying for rebates. Just since the beginning of July, I have saved just short of $500 (62%) on our grocery and toiletry items!

I went to Bi-lo last week and actually made money when I get my rebates back! I had to purchase 10 items to qualify for the rebate and then managed to buy 3 additional items that we needed. I spent just over $15 and will get $20 back in rebates! Since we were in the negative, I went across the street to another grocery store to get some meat and poultry that was on sale. I've combined these purchases for the picture.

Total from both stores: $71.93
Total paid after rebates:$10.55
Savings: 85%!

If you'll notice that this picture was taken in a different location. On our new freezer. We were able to get this with the help of my Mom and Grammy (Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!). It is already filling up and has allowed me to increase my stockpile when things are on sale. I also want to begin freezing dinners ahead of time so that we can eat better during the week when I get home from my new job. So if you have any awesome recipes that freeze well I would love to give them a try.

The other new thing at our home is that I have begun growing herbs. We currently have basil, lemon thyme, and rosemary. I have already enjoyed cooking with these and hope to get a lot of use out of them while the weather is still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background