November 20, 2009

And so it begins



Carson and I traveled to Hartsville, SC last weekend for his first on location interview for a job after graduation!! It's great to know that opportunities exist this far out even though he is not going to graduate until August. Carson handled the whole thing with such confidence! (Me, I would have been a crazy nervous wreck. . . so I was very impressed). I was especially excited when he brought back a goodie bag because Packaging companies are always looking to show off what they have packaged. I've been good so far and not broken into the full size package of Oreo's (no, I was a good wife and much more interested in how the interviews went... mmm hmm)

I spent most of the time relaxing in the hotel room because Carson had the car at the interview and then we left town shortly after his interviews were finished. We'll know soon if he gets an offer.

So I have some exciting pictures from our trip







Just kidding! It wasn't all fields. There was a Wal-Mart and about five fast food restaurants in that parking lot and a downtown area. I was excited about the small town (I love them) but this was not a thriving small town. Half of the buildings were just sitting empty and kind of run down. It looked like it used to be a very quaint little town but maybe the recession has hit it hard. So sad!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like an exciting place! Where's the nearest big town?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background