July 20, 2009

Obsessed

Who spends their Saturdays clipping coupons and matching up grocery deals. Who can't wait to get the new Sunday coupons after church on Sunday? And who has a whole coupon bag that is more organized and used than her purse! Does this sound like an obsessed person? Well I am one such obsessed person.

And when I get a good deal, I can hardly make it to the car before I calculate how much I saved and the proceed to call fellow coupon buddies or people that don't really care but are kind enough to listen (Thanks mom!)

I guess I would consider it a hobby. It's something that I spend my time doing. While most hobbies cost money, this one actually saves me tons of money!

But obsessions come with risk. Sometimes I'm temped to buy something just because it's a great deal, but is it really worth the 67 cents if it's something we don't really need? This is really making me stretch my imagination and cooking skills to use what we have. If it's free there's no question that it's in my cart. I've got a bag full of stuff that I got for free (or made profit on!) that we are going to donate.

But I am so grateful that these deals and opportunities are available. It allows for Carson and me to eat more than just Ramen and PB&J.

The deal that I got yesterday was one of the best. When I set it all out to take a picture it was really sad what little I could get for over $50! But check out what I actually paid:


Total cost before savings: $50.46
Savings from sales: $7.86
Savings from coupons: $13.58
Getting Back in Rebates: $24.25
Total paid after rebates: $4.74 (savings of 91%!)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty amazing! I especially love the coffee creamer for a girl who drinks her coffee black!
    Save the Taco Bell whatever for when I'm there!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background