July 26, 2009

Good-Bye

My family said good bye to our beloved dog Samson last week. He was a part of our lives for over 13 years. I wasn't home to be with my family but I felt the sadness through our phone conversations. Samson was a wonderful dog. . . he set a standard that would be hard for any other dog to live up to. But as my dad said, he brought us more joy in those 13 years than the sadness that we are left with now.

My dad found a poem that I wrote for an English assignment a few years after we got Samson:

We found our dog in a Schwinn bike store,

And we had to hurry because we were leaving at four.

The people at the store were very kind;

But my mom thought my dad had lost his mind.

It took some convincing but we finally got ‘em,

And on the plane home he had to ride on the bottom.

He was cute, soft, and very small;

But we knew pretty soon he would get very tall.

As soon as we got home we had to get food and a crate

Because it had been a long time since he ate.

He’s my dog and he is the best.

He surpasses all the rest.

1 comment:

  1. Molly! I'm so sorry about Samson!! Your poem makes me want to cry!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background