June 19, 2009

And exciting short week

Not only did I have a short work week, but it was filled with fun things to do! Wednesday after work we went White Water Rafting with our home group. We are fortunate to have two certified rafting guides in our group. So we headed off to the Chattooga River. I love having so much daylight in the evenings. We were able to raft for about 2.5 miles and then sit out on our raft and do our bible study. Sadly that was our last meeting before we take a summer break for the next month, but it was a great way to end it. It really threw me off though. . . I mean who goes rafting in the middle of a work week. It was AWESOME!

Thursday Jackson and I took our first outing, beside walks around the neighborhood. We went for walk with our friend Emily and her daughter Lydda Grace who live on Clemson campus (Emily's husband was my boss when I was an RA). While we were on campus, we had lunch with Jackson's mom and then went and visited Carson as well. It was really fun but Jackson and I were both exhaused.
Today has been a little more relaxed. Just normal work days for me and Carson. And now I have two weeks off! Woo hoo for what I'm counting as my summer vacation. We leave on Tuesday for a week long trip out to Colorado so you can bet that I'll have a lot of pictures to post when I get back.

Also, here is a link to an article about Carson's competiton in Orlando last month. Althought they didn't win the competition this is a very flattering article about how creative their booth was. Unfortunatly Carson is not pictured or quoted (I promise he was there) but I got an exclusive quote just for my blog. "The booth that we designed was very eye catching and attracted a lot of attention." He's half asleep on the couch right now and not really playing along so that's about the best I can do. Take what you can get :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background