June 16, 2009

It's a family!



Two nights ago we discovered Ollie has a family! We were walking along the road looking for Ollie and we accidentally scared two more otters that were hiding in the bushes right where we were. One of them looks much smaller so he is now named baby Oscar, and the other one... we assume the mom... is called Olivia. We were able to get better pictures this time (proof that we didn't just take a picture of a log last time). We figured out that they come out right before dark most nights.


Carson and I both had long weekends this weekend so we were able to enjoy some extra time off together. We spent some time in Seneca where I discovered a new scrapbooking shop, which then motivated me to get all my scrapbooking stuff out. Carson and I also started volunteering in the nursery this Sunday and we were in the "cuddler" room with babies 6 weeks to 11 months. It was so much fun. Now Carson is asking me how to change diapers. . . I guess this will be a good learning experience for him :-)There was a tiny little 4 week premie baby that I got to hold for a little while. She was so precious and weighed like nothing!

We're off on a white water adventure with our small group tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have some pictures to share then too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures (finally!). I believed it was an otter the first time around - not a log - but these photos really do show the cute little critters!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background