June 15, 2011

Welcome to the world




We welcomed our son into the world 6 weeks ago. The last thing I have had time to do is sit at the computer but I'm hoping to catch up on the last 6 weeks so we can have a good record of his life.

Lets start with the birth story because it was pretty amazing. At my 38 week appointment I was already dilated 2.5 cm, which I found out could mean nothing and I could still have weeks to wait before we met Miles. At my 39 week appointment the doctor was shocked to find that I was already 6cm dilated. The doctor could not believe that I wasn't in any pain and instructed me to get in the car and get myself to the hospital. Carson was already at work for the day so he just met me there. The nurses were expecting me when we arrived and could not believe that I had driven myself an hour to the hospital while I was in labor (although I had no pains or any idea that I was in labor).

So I got all hooked up to the machines and settled in to find out that I had already dilated another two centimeters (we're almost there!). The doctor finally came in to break my water and that is when the pain started. Very horrible pain! I quickly screamed for an epidural and was relieved that the anesthesiologist was very close. By the time I had my epidural it was time to start pushing. We had arrived at the hospital at 12 noon and Miles was born at 4:06pm. We sent the grandparents all a picture and my mom could not believe that I was holding my baby because I didn't look like I had been in labor.

Miles' first picture. Just a minute old.

First family photo
Dr. Dach delivered Miles

Monitoring body temperature before his first sponge bath

My parents had left as soon as I called leaving the doctors office and they arrived later that night to meet their first grandson. I don't think that I will ever forget the looks on their faces when they walked into the hospital room. Priceless.

Gigi and Pops



We stayed in the hospital until Friday and then we got to take our precious son home.

1 comment:

  1. I just read alllll your posts, so great that you had so many loving family members wanting to meet Miles right away! Hopefully that wasn't stressful at all but just helpful. I can't wait to see you guys soon, Miles is adorable, maybe we can trade babies for a few minutes when we get together so I can hold him? :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background