January 26, 2010

Our First Christmas

Gosh, has it really been over a month since Christmas. Am I that far behind in keeping you guys updated? Well maybe now that we're getting settled into a schedule I'll be a little better at it.

Our first Christmas together was absolutely wonderful! Moving five days before Christmas isn't anything I would recommend but we were able to stop and enjoy the holiday. We had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas Eve dinner after church. Our dining room was lined with boxes but the table looked nice and we had our first "real" meal since the move. I was looking forward to a relaxing Christmas morning too but I didn't realize that all men turn back into little kids on Christmas morning! Carson was wide awake and ready to open presents while I was ready to sleep in a little more! My brother flew in Christmas night (his first visit to Clemson!!) so we spent the next few days having a great time with him.

I know it was hard on our families and we sure missed them, but I would not trade our first Christmas together for anything. A time to set our own traditions and to celebrate this holiday as a new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background